Home  Animal Care  Licensing   Licensing Services

IVHS Calendar


  • Adopt Today
  • Make a Donation

  • California Spay

  • IVHS Partners

Licensing Services


No I.D. No Way Home.

Licensing Services

In the state of California, every dog that is over the age of 4 months must be vaccinated against rabies and have a current license. The Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. monitors the licensing/rabies control program for residents living in the contracted cities. Less than 1% of the animals that are rescued from the streets and temporarily placed into an animal shelter have some form of I.D. on them.

Many dog owners purchase I.D. tags for their animals and believe this is the only form of identification needed. While an I.D. tag is optional, it is required by city and state mandates that each dog (and cat in some cities) be issued and wear a valid license. The difference between an I.D. tag and a license is that and I.D. tag simply has the name of the animal, a contact phone number for the owner, and possibly the address. A license has the number of the local humane society where the dog is registered, and a numbered code. If someone finds your dog, they call the humane society and report the number. The humane society can look up the information in the computer and determine all important contact information for the owner including address, phone number and whether the dog has a current rabies vaccination.

PLEASE NOTE: If your rabies expires so does your license. The Inland Valley Humane Society assists dog owners with getting a reduced fee rabies vaccine for their furry companion by holding vaccination clinics on the shelter premises. During the summer months, clinics are held off-site at various locations throughout the community. See the calendar for more detailed clinic information.

The Licensing Department may be contacted at 909-623-9777, ext. 652, or 653 Monday - Saturday from 8:30 am - 5:30 pm. The Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. provides the following nine cities and county areas with services to license their dog. Please leave your pet at home if you are coming to pay for your license. 

YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR LICENSE IN THE MAIL ONCE IT HAS BEEN COMPLETED - current rabies, spay or neuter documentation, copy of your license if you are a senior citizen and full payment. You can email these documents to us once you have completed your payment. Send documents to info@ivhhsspca.org.

The Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. provides the following ten cities and county areas with services to license their dog. Fee prices for the duration of 1 year are as follows (a current rabies certificate MUST be supplied).


Click here for City Fee Schedules and Online Payment