They need you. We need you. You can make a difference.
As the one of the largest animal welfare organizations in the Inland Valley, the Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA relies on the assistance of caring, hardworking volunteers to help us find homes for the thousands of animals that come through our doors every year. You can help us care for the lost and abandoned animals of our community.
Every day at IVHS our volunteers make an enormous difference in our lifesaving mission.
- Brighten the lives of thousands of animals
- Participate in community events and adoption fairs
- Walk our wonderful dogs we have available for adoption and show them off to potential adopters and help socialize our cats in the cattery
- Assist in our monthly Big Meow spay and neuter program
- Help photograph dogs, cats and other critters to showcase them on our website
- Groom to Improve the dogs to help them feel better
- Foster animals to young or sick to be kenneled (requires 1 year of service)
- Receive extensive training and guidance to help support our mission
- Gain valuable work experience
- Meet new people who share similar values and interests
- Volunteer positions require a commitment of at least six months
- Anyone 18 years or older may apply to become an IVHS & SPCA volunteer.
- You must complete three orientation classes to volunteer