We serve the communities of Chino, Chino Hills, Claremont, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Montclair, Ontario, Pomona, San Dimas, the incorporated areas of Covina and the unincorporated areas of San Bernardino including West End, San Antonio Heights and Mt. Baldy. We provide housing only for the city of La Habra.
PROGRAM AND SERVICE CHANGES
Due to the State’s Orders and to comply with recommended public health protocols, we have temporarily changed and/or suspended some of our programs to minimize person to person contact:
Modified & Active Programs
- Adoptions: The Customer Care Department has transitioned to a new queue program for adoptions to prevent guests from having to wait in line for adoption walk throughs.The program, called WaitWhile, will allow guests to add themselves to a virtual waiting list and the guest will receive a text message to return to the shelter when it is their turn.
- Humane Investigation: Officers will continue to respond to urgent calls about animal cruelty and abuse.
- Animal Control: Officers will continue to respond to urgent calls about injured, aggressive or deceased animals in the public right of way.
- Wildlife Rescue: We will continue to care for injured wildlife and perform emergency rescues as needed. Wildlife that has been trapped needs to be released immediately.
- If the animal is injured, please contact our Emergency line at 909-594-9858.
- Lost Pets: If you suspect your animal is at our shelter after viewing our online pet web-page, please contact us.
- Licenses: All dog and cat licenses will only be processed by phone, mail, or online.
- Owner Surrenders: For many people, surrendering a pet can be emotionally upsetting. The Inland Valley Humane Society staff recognizes that this is a very difficult time. Please learn more about our Home To Home™ direct-to-adopter program below to re-home your pet without having to bring your animal to the shelter.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, there is no evidence that companion animals such as cats and dogs can be infected or spread the virus that causes COVID-19.
Thank you for your support and we will continue helping the vulnerable animals of our community.
500 Humane Way
Pomona, CA, 91766
Licensing Hours (By phone, mail, or online):
Monday – Saturday: 8:30 A.M. – 5:30 P.M.
Phone: (909) 623-9777
Fax: (909) 623-0432
24-Hour Emergency Line: (909) 594-9858
Monday – Saturday: 10:30 A.M. – 4:00 P.M.