We serve the communities of Chino, Chino Hills, Claremont, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Montclair, Ontario, Pomona, San Dimas, West Covina, the incorporated areas of Covina and the unincorporated areas of San Bernardino including West End, San Antonio Heights and Mt. Baldy. We provide housing only for the city of La Habra.
PROGRAM AND SERVICE CHANGES
Due to the State’s Orders and to comply with recommended public health protocols, we have temporarily changed and/or suspended some of our programs to minimize person to person contact:
- Volunteers: We are requiring all volunteers to stay home and save lives during this time.
- Stray Cats: We ask that you refrain from trapping stray cats at this time. If a cat or animal has already been trapped, please release it. If the cat has been trapped and is injured, please contact our Emergency line at 909-594-9858.
Modified & Active Programs
- Clinic Services: We are now offering vaccination clinics and spay/neuter services on an appointment-only basis for those who reside in our service area. Visit our Veterinary Services Page.to request an appointment and learn more about appointment requirements.
- Humane Investigations: Officers will continue to respond to urgent calls about animal cruelty and abuse.
- Animal Control: Officers will continue to respond to urgent calls about injured, aggressive or deceased animals in the public right of way.
- Wildlife Rescue: We will continue to care for injured wildlife and perform emergency rescues as needed. Wildlife that has been trapped needs to be released immediately. If the animal is injured, please contact our Emergency line at 909-594-9858.
- Lost Pets: If you suspect your animal is at our shelter after viewing our online pet web-page, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Licenses: All dog and cat licenses will only be processed online or by mail. Penalties will be waived for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Owner Surrenders: While under orders to ‘Stay-at-Home’, we ask that you please keep your pet with you. We are working with the public to offer options for help to those during this difficult time.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization, there is no evidence that companion animals such as cats and dogs can be infected or spread the virus that causes COVID-19.
Thank you for your support and we will continue helping the vulnerable animals of our community.
500 Humane Way
Pomona, CA, 91766
Licensing Hours (Online, by mail, by phone or by appointment):
Monday – Saturday: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Wednesday: 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Phone: (909) 623-9777
Fax: (909) 623-0432
24-Hour Emergency Line: (909) 594-9858
Adoption Hours (By Appointment Only):
Monday – Saturday: 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
Wednesday: 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.