INLAND VALLEY HUMANE SOCIETY & S.P.C.A.
pROJECT FOR SHELTER PETS FROM HOME
Pomona, April 13, 2020 — As our community—and the entire world— practices social distancing, The Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA (IVHS) is offering an activity that can be done from home. With kids home from school, many adults working remotely and an urgent need for everyone to stay indoors, IVHS has created something to get people engaged with shelter pets while practicing safe health precautions. And it could benefit both 2-legged and 4-legged friends!
We invite the community to participate in our Humane Heroes Photo Challenge. Anyone can become a virtual volunteer by entering our challenge until April 25th to bring inspiration to both furry friends and humans alike.
How the Humane Heroes Photo Challenge Works:
Draw or paint an inspiring message for shelter pets waiting to be fostered or adopted.
- Theme: Hope & Happiness
- Take a photo with the drawing or painting; Creativity is encouraged!
- Direct message the photo to IVHS on Facebook (Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA) or Instagram (@ivhsspca)
- Submissions will be accepted and reposted on our social media through April 25th
- Our followers can vote for their favorite photo by “liking” it; Voting lasts until April 30th
- The photos with the most “likes” on Instagram and the most “likes” on Facebook by April 30th will be our winners!
- Winners will be receiving Pet SWAG BAGS loaded with cool stuff for pet owners and their pets!
Due to the decision to temporarily suspend any community outreach and volunteer activities, IVHS is finding alternative ways to keep the public engaged, informed and involved with shelter animals. During this difficult time, we look forward to sharing the kind words of others to shed some positivity and encourage camaraderie despite being apart.
The Inland Valley Humane Society and S.P.C.A. is a private, non-profit animal welfare organization dedicated to providing protection, shelter and medical care to abandoned and injured animals of our community. For more information, contact IVHS at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 909-623-9777.
# # #