They need you. We need you. You can make a difference.
As one of the largest animal welfare organizations in the Inland Valley, the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. relies on the assistance of caring, hardworking volunteers to help us find homes for the thousands of animals that come through our doors every year. You can help us care for the lost and abandoned animals of our community.
Every day at I.V.H.S. our volunteers make an enormous difference in our lifesaving mission.
Please select an orientation date under “READY TO GET STARTED?” after reading this page.
- Brighten the lives of thousands of animals
- Participate in community events and adoption fairs
- Walk our wonderful dogs we have available for adoption and show them off to potential adopters
- Help socialize our cats in the cattery
- Assist in our monthly Big Meow spay and neuter program
- Help photograph dogs, cats and other critters to showcase them on our website and social media
- Groom dogs to improve their well being as they stay at the shelter
- Foster animals too young or sick to be kenneled (requires 1 year of service)
- Receive extensive training and guidance to help support our mission
- Gain valuable work experience
- Meet new people who share similar values and interests
- Volunteer positions require a commitment of at least six months and a minimum of 2 hours per month.
- Anyone 18 years or older may apply to become an I.V.H.S. & S.P.C.A. volunteer (14-17 year olds must be with a guardian). Click here for youth volunteer programs.
- You must complete one orientation class to volunteer.