We are now seeking volunteers to greet guests, work in our health care center & for Cat enrichment.
They need you. We need you. You can make a difference.
As one of the largest animal welfare organizations in the Inland Valley, the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. relies on the assistance of caring, hardworking volunteers to help us find homes for the thousands of animals that come through our doors every year. As a private non-profit IVHS & SPCA depends on the generosity of our community to help care for the lost and abandoned animals of our community. When you donate your time and love you are truly saving lives.
Every day at IVHS & SPCA our volunteers make an enormous difference in our lifesaving mission.
IVHS & SPCA Volunteer Program Mission Statement
Provide a meaningful experience for volunteers as they enrich the lives of shelter animals and provide assistance to shelter staff, customers, and potential adopters.
You must watch the this online orientation video before proceeding.
After you have watched the online video please take the quiz below. After taking the quiz you will be directed to fill out the volunteer application form. Please check your email (spam/junk too) for follow up instructions. Your application and quiz must be reviewed and approved before you can volunteer at IVHS & SPCA. Applications are reviewed Monday – Friday and we will notify you via email when you have been approved. Once you are approved you will be able to access the volunteer portal. We look forward to you joining our team. If you are interested in fostering and have watched the video please click here to proceed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IVHS DOES NOT DO COURT ORDERED HOURS.
IF YOUR STUDENT NEEDS A CERTAIN NUMBER OF HOURS FOR SCHOOL PLEASE CLICK HERE AND LOOK UNDER PROJECTS
- Brightening the lives of thousands of animals
- Receiving extensive training and guidance to help support our mission
- Gaining valuable work experience
- Meeting new people who share similar values and interests
- Click here for a complete list and descriptions on how our volunteers help
- Volunteer positions require a commitment of at least six months and a minimum donation of 4 hours per month.
- Anyone 18 years or older may apply to become an I.V.H.S. & S.P.C.A. volunteer (14-17 year olds must be with a guardian). IVHS offers outside projects for our younger animal lovers – Click here for youth volunteer programs.
- Volunteers must park on the street. If you have a ♿️ plate or placard you may park in the lot. The ♿️ parking is reserved for customers but you may park in general parking. Saturday vaccine clinics are the only times we can use the parking lot.
- As an IVHS volunteer you must greet every customer with a smile and a “Hi! How may I help you”. Customers and volunteers are not allowed to put there hands inside kennels to touch the dogs. If you see a customer doing this please go up to them and say “Hello! Would you like to adopt that dog?” If they say yes take them to the adoption center. If they say no simply remind them there is no touching. Volunteers can only handle dogs from the walkable dog box. Our goal is to keep everyone safe.
- We cannot give exact dispositions on animals, as that is our policy. If the photo is no longer on our page or the pet you walked yesterday is no longer in our kennels, that specific animal is no longer in our care and has been taken by a rescue group, adopted, etc.
- Volunteers are not to ask questions about the medical treatment of an animal in the health care center. Our health care staff are very busy and are sometimes dealing with tragic and difficult situations. Please keep conversations low and to a minimum.
- All questions or concerns are to through the volunteer manager.
- You must opt-in to receive emails or texts from the volunteer portal.
- You will be given a shirt, apron and name badge on your first day. Temporary name badges are available in the volunteer center if you forget your badge. No open toe shoes. Long pants are required.
- You must have watched the online orientation video and take the quiz.
If you are a corporation looking to volunteer as a group we offer sponsorship opportunities. Please contact Lisa Roybal at email@example.com
If you are an organization looking to help we offer our annual Paws for Pets walk in May for a one day opportunity to give back. Please contact Lisa Roybal at firstname.lastname@example.org