You Can’t Buy Love. But You Can Adopt It.
Because animals are adopted every day, the one you may be interested in may or may not be available when you visit the shelter, so please keep that in mind. This gallery is updated on a daily basis in order to keep it current with new arrivals.
Please be advised that some of these pets may be new to I.V.H.S. and not available for adoption yet. If you find a pet that you are interested in, please feel free to contact us. Available dates are for the general public and rescue dates are for our rescue partners. If you are missing a pet and find one here that matches your pet’s description, please come to the shelter immediately with proof of ownership and note the ID number.
Did you know that the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. has remote adoption centers for cats? Not only do we take our pups to adoption fairs throughout the cities we serve but our cats have taken up residence at the PetSmart at the The Heights at West Covina, 2350 S Azusa Ave, West Covina, CA 91792, Petco in San Dimas located at 822 W Arrow Hwy, San Dimas, CA 91773, PetSmart in Ontario located at 4120 E 4th St, Ontario, CA 91764 & PetSmart in Chino located at 11945 Central Ave, Chino, CA 91710 to help find them new homes.
The Inland Valley Humane Society’s mission is to place all adoptable animals into permanent, loving homes. Here are a few simple but necessary steps to adopt a pet at the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. Click here to email our adoption center regarding a specific pet
Adoption hours are by APPOINTMENT ONLY:
10:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Saturday
10:00am – 6:00pm Wednesday
- All adoptions MUST be made in person. After submitting an application, an Adoptions Counselor will be reaching out to you to set up an appointment.
- An approved adoption application is required before any adoption can take place. One can be submitted online after you have found a pet you may want to adopt. You can fill out the application below and an Adoptions Counselor will reach out to you to set up an appointment.
- Allow extra time for the adoption process. This is a ‘Companion for Life’ and should not be taken lightly. Every precaution is being taken to help you make the right choice for your new family member. It takes more than an hour to complete an adoption. Adoptions stop at 4:30 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays. And at 6:00 p.m. on Wednesdays.
- A short interview with the adoption counselor may be required before any adoption is approved.
- A health exam by our staff veterinarian is required before any adoption is approved. All approved adoptions are considered healthy with no visible signs of illness at the time of adoption unless stated otherwise.
- Adoptions begin at 10:00 a.m. If you have a specific pet you are interested in, make sure to submit an application for them. The finder of a pet will have priority to adopt if they are interested in the pet. Be aware that more than one person may be interested in the same pet. In these cases, there will be a drawing for all approved applications at 10 AM on the day the pet becomes available for adoption. This ensures fairness to all approved, interested parties.
- If you have children under the age of ten or other pets at home, it is required to bring them in for a socialization session to ensure everyone gets along. Make sure your pet at home is current on all of its vaccinations before bringing it to the shelter.
- Be aware that adoptions can be denied for various reasons. I.V.H.S. is trying to make sure both the new pet and the new owners are compatible.
- I.V.H.S. does not transport adopted pets.
- All of our dogs and cats are spayed or neutered before leaving our shelter.
If you find a pet you are interested in adopting, ask for assistance in the pet receiving area. Write down the following:
An approved adoption application is required before any adoption can take place. You can fill and submit one online after you have found a pet you may want to adopt, as adoptions are temporarily by appointment only. An Adoptions Counselor will reach out to you to set up an adoption appointment.
Breed or sex does not make a difference in the adoption fees. Day 1 indicates the first day available for adoption to the public.
- Monthly Promotional Fees Vary
- Military / Veterans with ID: 50% OFF
- Senior for Senior 8 years and older: 50% OFF
- The adoption fee for miscellaneous animals, such as rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens and other animals, such as livestock, varies.
For Dog and Cat Adoptions, the fees include the following:
- First set of shots (4-in-1 for dogs and FVRCP for cats)
- Spay or Neuter
- Rabies Vaccination
- Two weeks follow-up care ( Monday – Friday 11am-3pm at I.V.H.S. healthcare center)
Come and “Find your Somebuddy” from the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A.
Adoption Fees are subject to change at any time without notice.
The Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. currently works with numerous Adoption Partners across the United States in an effort to place adoptable animals that have often been overlooked. If there is an animal you are interested in, please contact us. To ensure your inquiry is addressed you must email us at email@example.com.
The purpose of our Adoption Partner protocol is to ensure a successful working relationship between the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. and your 501(c)3 rescue organization.
Our goals are the same; to find quality homes for the animals in our care. We value our Adoption Partners and are committed to working with our local rescue community to inspire and engage the community to end animal abandonment. We welcome rescue inquiries and invite your organization to contact us for more information about our Adoption Partner program and benefits. Click here to request information about becoming an Adoption Partner.
Send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow 48 business hours for a response.
Please be sure to list any authorized adopters that will be picking up pets from I.V.H.S.
|2nd Chance Rescue||www.2ndchancesrescuenorco.com|
|A Passion for Paws Akita Rescue||www.apassionforpaws.org|
|Aberdeen Scottish Terrier Rescue||www.adoptapet.com/savethescotties|
|Ace of Hearts||www.aceofhearts.org|
|Akita Angels Inc.||www.akitaangels.org|
|All Paws Rescue, Rehab & Education||www.allpawsrescue-rehab.org|
|Alura Always and Forever Pekingese Rescue||www.alurapekingese.com|
|American Maltese Association Rescue||www.americanmalteserescue.org|
|Angels Bark Dog Rescue||www.angelsbarkrescue.org|
|Angels of Rawley Foundation||www.socaldogrescue.org|
|Animal Defense Rescue||www.facebook.com/AnimalDefenseRescue|
|Alley’s K9 Angels Rescue Inc.||www.alleysrescuedangels.org|
|Barks of Love||www.barksoflove.org|
|Basset Hound of So Cal.||www.bassethoundrescue.org|
|Bichon Rescue Brigade||www.bichonrescuebrigade.org|
|Bichon Rescue of Orange County||www.bichonrescueoc.org|
|Big Bones Canine Rescue||www.bigbonescaninerescue.com|
|Boston Buddies, Inc.||www.bostonbuddies.org|
|Boxer Rescue of Idaho||www.boxer-rescue.net|
|Bull Terrier Rescue of No. Ca.|
|Bull Terrier Rescue of So. Ca.||www.btrescue.us|
|California Miniature Schnauzer||www.schnauzers.us|
|California Turtle and Tortoise Club||www.tortoise.org|
|Camp Cocker Rescue||www.campcocker.com|
|Cats in Need of Human Care||www.catsinneed.com|
|Chews Life Dog Rescue||www.chewslife.org|
|Chihuahuas of the Valley||www.chihuahuasofthevalley.org|
|Chloe’s Forgotten Canine|
|CJ’s Dog Rescue||www.cjsdogrescue.org|
|Coastal German Shep. Rescue||www.coastalgsr.org|
|Dachshund Paws & Pals||www.dachshundpaws.org|
|Del Dios Sheltie Rescue||www.chihuahuarescueofsandiego.com|
|Delaney’s Dog Rescue||www.delaneysdog.com|
|Displaced Pets Rescue||www.displacedpetsrescue.com|
|Doberman Pinscher Rescue||www.dobiesandlittlepawsrescue.org|
|Dogs in Need||www.petsinneed.org/dogs|
|Emerald City Pet Rescue||www.emeraldcitypetrescue.org|
|English Springer Spaniel Rescue America||www.springerrescue.org|
|Eskie Rescuers United||www.eskierescuers.org|
|4 Dogs Farmemail@example.com|
|Friends of Denali||www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Danali-Sanctuary-For-Siberians-and-Seniors|
|Frosted Faces Foundation||www.frostedfacesfoundation.org|
|Fur Friends Animal Rescue, Inc.||http://www.furfriendsrescue.com|
|Golden Retriever Club of Greater Los Angeles||www.grcgla.org|
|Good Dog – Cocker Connection||www.facebook.com/CockerConnection|
|Great Danes and Friends||www.Greatdanefriends.com|
|Green Dog Foundation||www.greendogfoundation.org|
|Happy Hearts G. Shep Dog Rescue||www.happyheartsgermanshepherdrescue.org|
|I Dream of Home Rescue||www.idohr.org|
|Independent Labrador Retriever Rescue of So. Cal.||www.indilabrescue.org|
|Jack Russell Rescue CA||www.Jrussellrescue@gmail.com|
|Lazy Dog Rescue||www.lazydogrescue.net|
|Leashes of Love – Love On A Leash||www.lolr.org|
|Lhasa Happy Homes||www.lhasahappyhomes.org|
|Little Paws 4 Rescue||www.lp4r.org|
|Luna Siberian Husky Rescue||www.lunasiberianrescue.dog|
|Miniature Schanuzer Club of So. Cal.||www.mscsc.org|
|Miniature Schnauzer and Friends||www.msfr.org|
|New Beginnings for Animals||www.greatpets.org|
|No. Ca. Cocker Rescue||www.norcalcockerrescue.org|
|No. Ca. Weimaraner Rescue||www.norcalweimrescue.org|
|Northwest Boxer Rescue||www.nwboxerrescue.org|
|Old English Sheepdog Rescue||www.oerescue.com|
|One Voice 4 Paws||www.facebook.com/onevoice4paws|
|Open Arms Rescue||www.openarmsrescue.org|
|Outlaw Dogs Rescue||www.outlawdogs.org|
|Peaceful Pack Rescue||www.peacefulpackrescue.org|
|Pet Rescue Center, Inc.||www.coachellapetrescuecenter.org|
|Pitman Animal Rescue Foundation – Dachshund Rescue of LA||www.dachshundrescueoflosangeles.com|
|Precious Pals Pet Rescue|
|Priceless Puppy Rescue Group||www.pricelesspetrescue.org|
|Pug Nation Rescue||www.pugnationla.org|
|R & R Sanctuary, Inc.||www.facebook.com/R-R-Sanctuary-Inc|
|Ridgeback and Friends||www.ridgebacksandfriends.org|
|Rocking M Ranch Rescue||www.rockingmranchanimalandtortoiserescue.weebly.com|
|Russell Rescue Inc.||www.russellrescue.com|
|Sachi Animal Rescue||www.sachianimalrescue.com|
|San Francisco Samoyed Rescue||www.sfsr.org|
|Saving K9 Lives||www.savingk9livesplus.org|
|Second Chance Cocker Rescue||www.secondchancecockerrescue.org|
|Second Chance Dog Rescue||www.secondchancedogrescue.org|
|Shadow Husky Rescue||www.shadowhuskyrescue.com|
|Southern California Bulldog Rescue||www.socalbulldogrescue.org|
|St. Martin’s Animal Foundation||www.stmartinsrescue.org|
|Sunny Saints Saint Bernard Rescue||www.sunnysaints.org|
|Tails of the City|
|The Animal Debt Project||www.theanimaldebtproject.com|
|The Brittany Foundation||www.brittanyfoundationonline.org|
|The Jason Debus Heigl Foundation||www.jasonheigl.foundation|
|The Pet Rescue Center||www.thepetrescuecenter.org|
|The Wolf’s Reign||www.facebook.com/TheWolfsReign|
|Tibetan Mastiff Rescue||www.tibetanmastiffrescueinc.org|
|Tickled Pink Weimaraner Rescue||www.weimaranerrescue.org|
|Treasured Tails Canine Rescue||www.treasuredtailsrescue.com|
|Two Dog Farms||www.twodogfarms.com|
|Walk Me Home||www.walkmehomerescue.org|
|West Coast Boxer Rescue||www.westcoastboxerrescue.org|
|West End Shelter for Animals||www.westendshelter.com|
|Westside German Shepherd||www.sheprescue.org|
|Wigglin Home Boxer Rescue||www.wigglinhomeboxerrescue.org|
|Yorkie Rescue of America||www.yorkierescueofamerica.org|
|Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue||www.yorkierescue.com|