You Can’t Buy Love. But You Can Adopt It.
If you wish to Adopt…
We offer Pet Adoption or Foster-to-Hold. All Adoptions and Fosters are being conducted in person. If you are interested in adopting or fostering a pet, click here to view animals in our care. You can also see additional pets available for adoption in our community via Home To Home™, an IVHS animal re-homing partner.
We have switched to a hybrid adoption system.
Appointments are available Monday – Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Appointments are released 24 hours in advance.
An appointment DOES NOT guarantee an adoption of the animal you are interested in.
Please note that appointments do fill up quickly. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please visit us during our walk in hours.
MONDAY – SATURDAY
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
If you wish to Foster a shelter pet…
If you are interested in fostering a pet that qualifies for our Foster-to-Hold program, complete a Foster-to-Hold Application. Pets that fall in this category are pets that have been in our care longer than 2 weeks. To learn more, click here.
Things to keep in mind as you explore our gallery
- We DO NOT place any animals on adoption holds. This includes puppies, kittens, or other small animals.
- Not every animal listed is CURRENTLY available for adoption or available at the time you are looking through the website.
- Stray Hold
- When animals come into our shelter, they are automatically placed under a temporary stray hold. This gives time to reunite pets with their owners. If an animal comes in with no form of ID, they are placed under a 3-day stray hold. If an animal has some form of ID, they are placed under a 5-day stray hold.
- Protective Custody Hold
- Our animal control officers work on animal cruelty cases that may require the removal of animals from properties. Sometimes, we house animals throughout the duration of the investigation. While these animals might not be listed on the website, please note that not every animal housed in our kennels are available for adoption.
- Medical Hold
- An animal may be receiving on-going treatment while they are in our care. Some animals are placed on a temporary medical hold until our veterinary staff clears them for adoption. While they may not be available for adoption, they may be available to foster. Please contact our foster coordinator, Natalie Avalos, if there is an animal you are interested in fostering.
- Stray Hold
- FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE
- We conduct adoptions on a first come, first serve basis. While we recognize that this may be frustrating, our main objective is to find great homes for our animals. If the animal you are interested in has been adopted, please ask our Adoption Counselors about our other animals. We have many animals that are looking for their forever homes and would make a great addition to you and your family.
- Adoptions are processed within the hour that they occur. Please note that it takes time for the website to reflect an adoption that has been processed. Our adoption staff works quickly to reflect the change in status. Keep in mind that the animal you are interested in may be adopted by the time you arrive for your appointment or during walk-through hours. As a reminder, adoptions are not guaranteed and we encourage you to inquire about other animals that need a home during your visit.
- GOODPUP TRAINING
- We are partnering with GoodPup to offer a week of FREE training and 10% off for life when you adopt a dog from IVHS & SPCA.
- Learn methods to stop unwanted accidents and potty train your dog.
- Teach your dog sit, down, touch, stay, come, heel, leave it, and go to spot all through video chat.
- Learn how to prevent begging, barking, jumping, and other bad behaviors.
- Click here to learn more.
As a reminder: Not all animals at the shelter are available for adoption. Many have recently been rescued and are on hold awaiting reunification with their owner and or may be under protective custody. If you find a pet that you are interested in, please be aware that we do not place holds on pets. All adoptions are handled on a first come, first serve basis. Available dates are for the general public. If you are missing a pet and believe your pet is in our care after viewing our pets online, please fill out this form.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL PETS IN OUR CARE ARE CURRENTLY PHOTOGRAPHED AND POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you are missing your pet, please see if your pet is in our care by clicking “VIEW PETS” above. If your pet is in our care, click below to redeem your pet.
Our Adoption Center is Now Conducting In-Person Adoptions/Foster-to-Hold.
- Our Adoption Department will be accepting in-person applications ONLY.
- Anyone looking to walk through our kennels must be escorted through by a member of IVHS Staff. We ask that you DO NOT touch any of the animals while walking through. This is for both safety and disease prevention.
- If you would like to visit our kennels, please be prepared to wait outside for an extended period of time until an available Staff member can assist you. FOR SAFETY & SECURITY PURPOSES, WE ASK THAT VISITORS NOT LINE UP PRIOR TO 6:00AM. PUBLIC RESTROOMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE PRIOR TO 8:00AM.
- Please allow extra time for the adoption/foster-to-hold process. This is a ‘Companion for Life’ and should not be taken lightly. Every precaution is being taken to help you make the right choice for your new family member.
- A health exam by our staff veterinarian is required before any adoption is approved. All approved adoptions are considered healthy with no visible signs of illness at the time of adoption unless stated otherwise.
- All adoptions will be handled on a first come, first serve basis.
- When meeting your potential pet, please be sure to bring all children under the age 10 and your current dogs to socialize with the pet so we can ensure everyone gets along. Please make sure your pet at home is current on all vaccinations.
- Be aware that adoptions can be denied for various reasons. IVHS is trying to make sure both the new pet and the new owners are compatible.
- If for some reason a pet must be returned, please contact your Adoption Counselor within 30 days of adoption to discuss adoption return.
We will no longer be accepting online Adoption Applications. If you are interested in adopting an animal in our care, please click on the link below to download, print and complete an application. This does not guarantee the adoption.
Find a pet that needs a new home with Home To Home™
Home To Home™ is a unique, direct-to-adopter tool for pet guardians looking to re-home their animals. By keeping pets out of the shelter, this program allows pets to transition straight from one home to another.
Home To Home™ is free to use for both guardians and adopters, and gives animals needing a new home the best of both worlds: their current guardian can find the best fit, and their adopter can learn all about their personality and preferences first-hand, by directly speaking to the current pet owner. It’s a win-win for all!
When you adopt a pet from Home To Home™ you are helping the IVHS & S.P.C.A. and all pets great and small. When it’s possible for a pet to avoid being surrendered to the shelter, it helps reduce overcrowding and allows more resources to be available to help those animals that have no other option.
To learn more, click the button above.
Breed or sex does not make a difference in the adoption fees. Please view the column on the right for a breakdown of what is included with the adoption fee.
- Monthly Promotional Fees Vary
- Active military personnel and veterans receive a waived adoption fee with the Pets for Vets Act.
- Senior for Senior 8 years and older: 50% OFF
- The adoption fee for miscellaneous animals, such as rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens and other animals, such as livestock, varies.
Adoption Fees are subject to change at any time without notice.
The Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. currently works with numerous Adoption Partners across the United States in an effort to place adoptable animals that have often been overlooked. If there is an animal you are interested in, please contact us. To ensure your inquiry is addressed you must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of our Adoption Partner protocol is to ensure a successful working relationship between the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. and your 501(c)3 rescue organization.
Our goals are the same; to find quality homes for the animals in our care. We value our Adoption Partners and are committed to working with our local rescue community to inspire and engage the community to end animal abandonment. We welcome rescue inquiries and invite your organization to contact us for more information about our Adoption Partner program and benefits. Click here to request information about becoming an Adoption Partner.
Send completed applications to email@example.com. Please allow 48 business hours for a response.
Please be sure to list any authorized adopters that will be picking up pets from I.V.H.S.
|2nd Chance Rescue||www.2ndchancesrescuenorco.com|
|A Passion for Paws Akita Rescue||www.apassionforpaws.org|
|Aberdeen Scottish Terrier Rescue||www.adoptapet.com/savethescotties|
|Ace of Hearts||www.aceofhearts.org|
|Akita Angels Inc.||www.akitaangels.org|
|All Paws Rescue, Rehab & Education||www.allpawsrescue-rehab.org|
|Alura Always and Forever Pekingese Rescue||www.alurapekingese.com|
|American Maltese Association Rescue||www.americanmalteserescue.org|
|Angels Bark Dog Rescue||www.angelsbarkrescue.org|
|Angels of Rawley Foundation||www.socaldogrescue.org|
|Animal Defense Rescue||www.facebook.com/AnimalDefenseRescue|
|Alley’s K9 Angels Rescue Inc.||www.alleysrescuedangels.org|
|Barks of Love||www.barksoflove.org|
|Basset Hound of So Cal.||www.bassethoundrescue.org|
|Bichon Rescue Brigade||www.bichonrescuebrigade.org|
|Bichon Rescue of Orange County||www.bichonrescueoc.org|
|Big Bones Canine Rescue||www.bigbonescaninerescue.com|
|Boston Buddies, Inc.||www.bostonbuddies.org|
|Boxer Rescue of Idaho||www.boxer-rescue.net|
|Bull Terrier Rescue of No. Ca.|
|Bull Terrier Rescue of So. Ca.||www.btrescue.us|
|California Miniature Schnauzer||www.schnauzers.us|
|California Turtle and Tortoise Club||www.tortoise.org|
|Camp Cocker Rescue||www.campcocker.com|
|Cats in Need of Human Care||www.catsinneed.com|
|Chews Life Dog Rescue||www.chewslife.org|
|Chihuahuas of the Valley||www.chihuahuasofthevalley.org|
|Chloe’s Forgotten Canine|
|CJ’s Dog Rescue||www.cjsdogrescue.org|
|Coastal German Shep. Rescue||www.coastalgsr.org|
|Dachshund Paws & Pals||www.dachshundpaws.org|
|Del Dios Sheltie Rescue||www.chihuahuarescueofsandiego.com|
|Delaney’s Dog Rescue||www.delaneysdog.com|
|Displaced Pets Rescue||www.displacedpetsrescue.com|
|Doberman Pinscher Rescue||www.dobiesandlittlepawsrescue.org|
|Dogs in Need||www.petsinneed.org/dogs|
|Emerald City Pet Rescue||www.emeraldcitypetrescue.org|
|English Springer Spaniel Rescue America||www.springerrescue.org|
|Eskie Rescuers United||www.eskierescuers.org|
|4 Dogs Farmfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Friends of Denali||www.facebook.com/Friends-of-Danali-Sanctuary-For-Siberians-and-Seniors|
|Frosted Faces Foundation||www.frostedfacesfoundation.org|
|Fur Friends Animal Rescue, Inc.||http://www.furfriendsrescue.com|
|Golden Retriever Club of Greater Los Angeles||www.grcgla.org|
|Good Dog – Cocker Connection||www.facebook.com/CockerConnection|
|Great Danes and Friends||www.Greatdanefriends.com|
|Green Dog Foundation||www.greendogfoundation.org|
|Happy Hearts G. Shep Dog Rescue||www.happyheartsgermanshepherdrescue.org|
|I Dream of Home Rescue||www.idohr.org|
|Independent Labrador Retriever Rescue of So. Cal.||www.indilabrescue.org|
|Jack Russell Rescue CA||www.Jrussellrescue@gmail.com|
|Lazy Dog Rescue||www.lazydogrescue.net|
|Leashes of Love – Love On A Leash||www.lolr.org|
|Lhasa Happy Homes||www.lhasahappyhomes.org|
|Little Paws 4 Rescue||www.lp4r.org|
|Luna Siberian Husky Rescue||www.lunasiberianrescue.dog|
|Miniature Schanuzer Club of So. Cal.||www.mscsc.org|
|Miniature Schnauzer and Friends||www.msfr.org|
|New Beginnings for Animals||www.greatpets.org|
|No. Ca. Cocker Rescue||www.norcalcockerrescue.org|
|No. Ca. Weimaraner Rescue||www.norcalweimrescue.org|
|Northwest Boxer Rescue||www.nwboxerrescue.org|
|Old English Sheepdog Rescue||www.oerescue.com|
|One Voice 4 Paws||www.facebook.com/onevoice4paws|
|Open Arms Rescue||www.openarmsrescue.org|
|Outlaw Dogs Rescue||www.outlawdogs.org|
|Peaceful Pack Rescue||www.peacefulpackrescue.org|
|Pet Rescue Center, Inc.||www.coachellapetrescuecenter.org|
|Pitman Animal Rescue Foundation – Dachshund Rescue of LA||www.dachshundrescueoflosangeles.com|
|Precious Pals Pet Rescue|
|Priceless Puppy Rescue Group||www.pricelesspetrescue.org|
|Pug Nation Rescue||www.pugnationla.org|
|R & R Sanctuary, Inc.||www.facebook.com/R-R-Sanctuary-Inc|
|Ridgeback and Friends||www.ridgebacksandfriends.org|
|Rocking M Ranch Rescue||www.rockingmranchanimalandtortoiserescue.weebly.com|
|Russell Rescue Inc.||www.russellrescue.com|
|Sachi Animal Rescue||www.sachianimalrescue.com|
|San Francisco Samoyed Rescue||www.sfsr.org|
|Saving K9 Lives||www.savingk9livesplus.org|
|Second Chance Cocker Rescue||www.secondchancecockerrescue.org|
|Second Chance Dog Rescue||www.secondchancedogrescue.org|
|Shadow Husky Rescue||www.shadowhuskyrescue.com|
|Southern California Bulldog Rescue||www.socalbulldogrescue.org|
|St. Martin’s Animal Foundation||www.stmartinsrescue.org|
|Sunny Saints Saint Bernard Rescue||www.sunnysaints.org|
|Tails of the City|
|The Animal Debt Project||www.theanimaldebtproject.com|
|The Brittany Foundation||www.brittanyfoundationonline.org|
|The Jason Debus Heigl Foundation||www.jasonheigl.foundation|
|The Pet Rescue Center||www.thepetrescuecenter.org|
|The Wolf’s Reign||www.facebook.com/TheWolfsReign|
|Tibetan Mastiff Rescue||www.tibetanmastiffrescueinc.org|
|Tickled Pink Weimaraner Rescue||www.weimaranerrescue.org|
|Treasured Tails Canine Rescue||www.treasuredtailsrescue.com|
|Two Dog Farms||www.twodogfarms.com|
|Walk Me Home||www.walkmehomerescue.org|
|West Coast Boxer Rescue||www.westcoastboxerrescue.org|
|West End Shelter for Animals||www.westendshelter.com|
|Westside German Shepherd||www.sheprescue.org|
|Wigglin Home Boxer Rescue||www.wigglinhomeboxerrescue.org|
|Yorkie Rescue of America||www.yorkierescueofamerica.org|
|Yorkshire Terrier National Rescue||www.yorkierescue.com|
Did you know that the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A. has remote adoption centers for cats? Not only do we take our pups to adoption fairs throughout the cities we serve, but our cats have taken up residence at:
Petco in San Dimas located at 822 W Arrow Hwy, San Dimas, CA 91773
PetSmart at the The Heights at West Covina, 2350 S Azusa Ave, West Covina, CA 91792
PetSmart in Ontario located at 4120 E 4th St, Ontario, CA 91764
PetSmart in Chino located at 11945 Central Ave, Chino, CA 91710
PetSmart in Chino Hills located at 13001 Peyton Dr, Chino Hills, CA 91709