Our kennel hours are:
10:00 – 5:30 Monday through Saturday
10:00 – 7:00 Wednesday
- Walk through all the kennels, if you see your pet, write down the kennel number and go to the front office. They will help you from there. Kennel #_____ Description_____________
- Check the local newspaper in the found pet section
- Look in the “Found” book located in the front office.
- List your missing pet in the “Lost” book located in pet receiving
- Check the DOA list, located in the front office
- If you do not find your pet the first visit to the shelter, check back every two or three days. All incoming stray animals are held for a minimum of three straight days before being placed up for adoption
- If your pet is wearing identification, IVHS makes every attempt to contact the owner by phone and/or mail to let them know their pet is at the shelter
- Be aware that your pet may have lost its I.D. Make sure to visit our shelter every two or three days to see if it has turned up here
- To redeem your pet, you must be the licensed owner or have a note from the licensed owner giving you permission to redeem the lost pet. Accompanied with the note from the licensed owner, we will need to see a copy of their I.D. (ex. driver’s license) and proof of ownership.
- If you find your pet, a redemption fee will be assessed. If your pet is not altered, IVHS offers an opportunity to have it altered before it leaves the shelter. IVHS will apply a portion of the redemption fee to the cost of spay or neuter at our on-site Veterinarian Clinic. This will reduce the cost of dog licensing in the future and add three to five years to the life of your pet, whether it is a cat or a dog. If you are already subscribed to our email or have posted before, please login before posting. Contact us if you do not know your password