Lost and Found
The Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA (IVHS) endeavors to reunite the stray animals that come into our care with their owners as quickly as possible. Please follow the steps below to find your lost pet as quickly as possible.
Step 1: Search your neighborhood and engage with your community
- Search for your missing pets on your neighborhood’s missing pet groups
- If you don’t see your pet, post photos and information about your pet on these channels.
Step 2: View pets in our care
- The gallery includes pets currently housed in our care at the Inland Valley Humane Society and S.P.C.A.
- If you are missing a pet and find your pet on our website after viewing our available pets, please fill out the redemption form.
- PLEASE be sure to include the animal ID of the identified pet.
- If you do not see your pet, please monitor this list as well as the lost and found listings periodically.
Step 3: Post your pets
- Post your pet here
- If you are already subscribed to our email or have posted before, please login before posting. Contact us if you do not know your password.
- You will need to create a profile / log in information
PLEASE NOTE: ALL PETS IN OUR CARE ARE CURRENTLY PHOTOGRAPHED AND POSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you are missing your pet, please see if your pet is in our care by clicking the “view pets” button below before contacting us.
The Deceased Pet List includes descriptions of the animals and the location at which they were found. This information may be of a sensitive nature and is intended to help provide closure in the loss of a pet. The site does not contain any pictures. The animals listed have been found deceased prior to being picked up by IVHS & SPCA. Click here to view the list.
Did you lose or find a pet? Click on the button below to post an ad or view ads posted by the public.
Our kennel hours are:
10:00 – 5:30 Monday through Saturday
- Walk through all the kennels, if you see your pet, write down the kennel number and go to the front office. They will help you from there. Kennel #_____ Description_____________
- If your pet is microchipped, click here to find the registry or manufacturer that made your lost pet’s microchip. Contact those registries when your pet is lost to see if his/her microchip has recently been scanned and a microchip number has been identified.
- Check the local newspaper in the found pet section
- Look in the “Found” book located in the front office.
- List your missing pet in the “Lost” book located in pet receiving
- Check the DOA list, located in the front office
- If you do not find your pet the first visit to the shelter, check back every two or three days. All incoming stray animals are held for a minimum of three straight days before being placed up for adoption
- If your pet is wearing identification, IVHS makes every attempt to contact the owner by phone and/or mail to let them know their pet is at the shelter
- Be aware that your pet may have lost its I.D. Make sure to visit our shelter every two or three days to see if it has turned up here
- To redeem your pet, you must be the licensed owner or have a note from the licensed owner giving you permission to redeem the lost pet. Accompanied with the note from the licensed owner, we will need to see a copy of their I.D. (ex. driver’s license) and proof of ownership.
- If you find your pet, a redemption fee will be assessed. If your pet is not altered, IVHS offers an opportunity to have it altered before it leaves the shelter. IVHS will apply a portion of the redemption fee to the cost of spay or neuter at our on-site Veterinarian Clinic. This will reduce the cost of dog licensing in the future and add three to five years to the life of your pet, whether it is a cat or a dog.